How to Develop Your Voice as An Academic Author
Making a name as a researcher depends on developing a credible and compelling voice. Your voice is really your vehicle for making your concerns and commitments, as well as your expertise, known in the world. This eBook will explore some of the fundamental challenges facing academic authors in this arena and will suggest strategies you can try out in your own writing practice:
- what does voice really mean for academic authors?
- how to cultivate your voice within your discipline
- the problem of authority for academic authors
- how to develop your own metric for “good” writing
- using models to develop your voice
- can your experience as a teacher help define your voice?
- speaking to researchers and practitioners in your field
- the risks and rewards of public scholarship