- The Review of Literature: Finding Your Way Out of the Literature Fog
October 14, 2014
In this webinar you will learn how to begin the literature review, organize your materials, decide when you've read enough, and synthesize the research.
- Selecting a Research Design that Aligns with Your Research Question
November 13, 2014
This webinar offers a crash course in understanding research methods and how to align them with your topic and research question.
Our Dissertation Doctors provide focus, structure and support during your dissertation journey and help you achieve your academic goals. Learn More
- VI. The Importance of Following Guidelines for Citing and Documenting Sources
Sep 29, 2013 by Dr Sally
In this blog you will learn the importance of citing correctly and following the documentation guidelines used in your discipline to establish your authority in the academic discourse.
- V. Presenting the Work of Others: When to Paraphrase and When to Quote
Sep 18, 2013 by Dr Sally
In this blog, you will learn when to quote directly from a source and when to paraphrase the quotation or idea.
Our Writing Experts help you formulate and communicate your ideas and master the craft of academic writing and research.Learn More
- Writing an Academic Book Proposal
November 4, 2014
Do you want to learn how to start the process of writing a successful book proposal and how to find the best press for your academic book?
- V. Overcoming Anxiety About Academic Writing
Sep 29, 2014 by Amy Benson Brown
This blog provides some simple but effective ways to overcome the anxiety that tends to accompany academic writing.
- IV. What Really Is Writer’s Block?
Sep 22, 2014 by Amy Benson Brown
Your assumptions about yourself and the writing process make a huge difference in your ability to move past blocks.
Our Career Coaches support you to grow as a scholar, take charge of your career and take responsibility for achieving your goals. Learn More
- Designing Your Online Presence to Promote Your Academic Persona
October 15, 2014
This webinar will introduce you to the most popular online platforms and tools and help you decide which ones to use to promote yourself and your academic work.
- Getting in Sync With Your Tenure Clock
October 23, 2014
How do you create peace of mind when working against the tenure clock? Learn strategies to create a tenure plan and rethink your relationship to your tenure process.
- Developing an Academic Support Network
November 20, 2014
Have you found an academic team that will support you on your academic journey?
- III. Maintain Positivity: Five Tips for Staying Positive During Your Academic Job Search
Sep 30, 2014 by Paula Thompson
Learn five strategies to keep a positive mindset during the trials and tribulations of an academic job search.
- II. Acknowledge the Uncertainty: Why Academic Job Searching Sparks Fears and Anxiety
Sep 23, 2014 by Paula Thompson
Do the high stakes of the academic job search or the fear of rejection spark fears and anxiety? Does the uncertainty rattle you?