- Finding and Focusing Your Dissertation Topic: Setting Out on Your Dissertation Journey
August 14, 2014
Finding a topic that you are passionate about will sustain you as you traverse the various obstacles that lie ahead on your dissertation journey.
- The Dissertation Proposal: Putting the Pieces Together
September 18, 2014
Completing a proposal is like doing a jigsaw puzzle with 1000 pieces. Join Dr. Kat to learn how to put the pieces together.
- The Review of Literature: Finding Your Way Out of the Literature Fog
October 16, 2014
In this webinar you will learn how to begin the literature review, organize your materials, decide when you've read enough, and synthesize the research.
- Selecting a Research Design that Aligns with Your Research Question
November 13, 2014
This webinar offers a crash course in understanding research methods and how to align them with your topic and research question.
Our Dissertation Doctors provide focus, structure and support during your dissertation journey and help you achieve your academic goals. Learn More
- VI. The Importance of Following Guidelines for Citing and Documenting Sources
Sep 29, 2013 by Dr Sally
In this blog you will learn the importance of citing correctly and following the documentation guidelines used in your discipline to establish your authority in the academic discourse.
- V. Presenting the Work of Others: When to Paraphrase and When to Quote
Sep 18, 2013 by Dr Sally
In this blog, you will learn when to quote directly from a source and when to paraphrase the quotation or idea.
Our Writing Experts help you formulate and communicate your ideas and master the craft of academic writing and research.Learn More
- Writing a Journal Article: How to Move from Evidence to Argument
September 11, 2014
This webinar will address the fundamentals of crafting successful article submissions in the sciences and social sciences.
- Writing an Academic Book Proposal
November 6, 2014
Do you want to learn how to start the process of writing a successful book proposal and how to find the best press for your academic book?
- Helen Sword on Empowerment and Academic Writing: Excerpts from an Interview
Jun 25, 2014 by Amy Benson Brown
One of my most significant finds has been that almost nobody formally learns to write as an academic.
- VIII. Speaking Out: The Risks and Rewards of Public Scholarship
Jun 17, 2014 by Amy Benson Brown
In the risks and opportunities it offers, public scholarship reflects a heightened case of the issues at the heart of this series on academic voice.
Our Career Coaches support you to grow as a scholar, take charge of your career and take responsibility for achieving your goals. Learn More
- Academic Branding: Improving Your Visibility, Network, and Career Opportunities
September 17, 2014
Academic branding puts you in the driver's seat, allowing you to tell the story you want to tell about yourself, your scholarship, and your leadership.
- Managing the Imposter Syndrome in Academia: How to Overcome Self-Doubt
September 25, 2014
Do you ever feel like an academic "imposter" or have negative thoughts about your capabilities? This webinar will help you rethink how you present yourself.
- Conducting an Academic Job Search with Clarity, Positivity, and Resilience
October 1, 2014
Learn techniques to manage the uncertainty of an academic job search in ways that wll increase your clarity, positivity, and resilience.
- Designing Your Online Presence to Promote Your Academic Persona
October 15, 2014
This webinar will introduce you to the most popular online platforms and tools and help you decide which ones to use to promote yourself and your academic work.
- Getting in Sync With Your Tenure Clock
October 23, 2014
How do you create peace of mind when working against the tenure clock? Learn strategies to create a tenure plan and rethink your relationship to your tenure process.
- Developing an Academic Support Network
November 20, 2014
Have you found an academic team that will support you on your academic journey?
- IV. Making Choices: What Does It Take to Set Up a Website or Blog?
Jul 22, 2014 by Lee Skallerup Bessette
One of the first decisions you need to make is whether to set up a website and/or a blog.
- III. Getting Motivated: Why Bother With an Online Presence?
Jul 15, 2014 by Lee Skallerup Bessette
Take charge of your online presence to help you gain visibility, disseminate your research, grow your network, and manage what people learn about you online.