- The Dissertation Proposal: Putting the Pieces Together
May 19, 2014
Completing a proposal is like doing a jigsaw puzzle with 1000 pieces. Join Dr. Kat to learn how to put the pieces together.
- Selecting a Research Design that Aligns with Your Research Question
April 16, 2014
This webinar offers a crash course in understanding research methods and how to align them with your topic and research question.
Our Dissertation Doctors provide focus, structure and support during your dissertation journey and help you achieve your academic goals. Learn More
- VI. The Importance of Following Guidelines for Citing and Documenting Sources
Sep 29, 2013 by Dr Sally
In this blog you will learn the importance of citing correctly and following the documentation guidelines used in your discipline to establish your authority in the academic discourse.
- V. Presenting the Work of Others: When to Paraphrase and When to Quote
Sep 18, 2013 by Dr Sally
In this blog, you will learn when to quote directly from a source and when to paraphrase the quotation or idea.
Our Writing Experts help you formulate and communicate your ideas and master the craft of academic writing and research.Learn More
- Writing a Journal Article: How to Move from Evidence to Argument
May 15, 2014
This webinar will address the fundamentals of crafting successful article submissions in the sciences and social sciences.
- II. Between a Rock and a Hard Place: How to Cultivate Your Voice Within Your Discipline
Apr 09, 2014 by Amy Benson Brown
Your voice is really your vehicle for making your concerns and commitments as well as your expertise known in the world.
- I. Above the Babble: What Does Voice Really Mean for Academic Authors?
Apr 02, 2014 by Amy Benson Brown
The fact remains that making a name as a researcher depends on developing a credible and compelling voice.
Our Career Coaches support you to grow as a scholar, take charge of your career and take responsibility for achieving your goals. Learn More
- Academic Branding: Improving Your Visibility, Network, and Career Opportunities
April 23, 2014
Academic branding puts you in the driver's seat, allowing you to tell the story you want to tell about yourself, your scholarship, and your leadership.
- Hunks, Chunks, and Bites (Or How to Eat an Elephant): Managing Your Small and Large Projects
June 4, 2014
This webinar offers structures and strategies for conceptualizing and completing your unfinished projects.
- XII. Academic Blogging: What’s Stopping You?
Dec 12, 2013 by Lee Skallerup Bessette
You may have concerns about copyright infringement of your ideas, being refused by traditional publications, or thinking that blogging doesn't count towards hiring, tenure, and promotion.
- XI. Academic Blogging: Building an Audience
Dec 05, 2013 by Lee Skallerup Bessette
How is your audience going to find your academic blog? This post includes tips on getting people to your blog.